TT Games’ new Lego Star Wars game is huge and packed with new features that bring a new depth to gameplay – this is perhaps best represented by the new Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga classes. There are over 300 characters on the Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga character list and they’re all sorted into a character class – which will give almost all of them a unique set of abilities to use in and out of combat. We have everything there is to know about these classes below. The newly introduced character classes are playing an important part in expanding Lego Star Wars’ gameplay, adding a new RPG element to progression fans haven’t seen before (at least in this series). Each of the ten Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga classes has a selection of abilities for players to upgrade several times using a new in-game currency: Kyber Bricks.
But, what are these classes and what do we know about the abilities they boast? Well, keep reading to find out everything we know so far.
Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga classes
As previously mentioned, there are ten character classes in TT Games’ Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga. Here’s the complete list:
As the name suggests, this is the character class where you’ll find all the Jedi in Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. From Plo Koon and Kit Fisto, heroes of the Galactic Republic, to Luke Skywalker and Rey, the last hope for the Jedi order, there’s a whole host of iconic force-wielding characters in this class.
The Jedi class in Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga will has following abilities:
- Force Flinger – Increase the attack damage caused by objects thrown with the Force.
- Jedi Reflexes – Successful Combat Counters are more powerful and damage nearby enemies.
- Trick Time – Increase the duration of Distract and Panic Jedi Mind Tricks.
- Mind Master – Increase the range of effect for Distract and Panic Jedi Mind Tricks.
If there’s one thing to take away from Star Wars as a whole, it’s the fact that anyone can be a hero. This is one of the Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga classes that’s packed with iconic characters – all of which have been fighting for good one way or another. From Senator Bail Organa to Tarfful, heroes come in all shapes and sizes in this class.
The Hero class in Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga has the following abilities:
- Improved Shield Generator – Increase the shield for ships piloted by Hero characters.
- Armoured Disguise – Adds a defence boost to equipped armour pieces, reducing damage taken.
- Rebel Heart – Increase how often enemies will drop Recovery Hearts.
- Hero Terminal Expert – Hero Terminal interactions can be bypassed by holding Square / X, or completed for bonus Studs.
It can be tough to make ends meet in the Outer Rim, especially when there’s a war going on – which there almost always is in Star Wars. The Scavenger class in Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is home to some important characters – including several variants of Rey and a number of Ewoks.
The Scavenger class in Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga has the following abilities:
- Crafty – Add a new colour schemes for Scavenger Tools (rebuild the tool to get a new colour from the available schemes).
- Expert Climber – Increase climbing speed.
- Better Breaker Blaster – Increase the explosive range and damage of the Breaker Blaster, making it more destructive in combat.
- Advanced Gliding – Increase speed when using the Glider.
The Star Wars universe is full of scoundrels, some good and some bad, and Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga is letting players jump into a brick-filled world as some of the most iconic scoundrels in cinema. Han Solo and Chewbacca headline this character class, but there are a few other amazing characters in there. Lando Calrissian, Maz Kanata, and Zorii Bliss – just to name a few.
The Scoundrel class in Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga has the following abilities:
- Business Opportunist – Receive a Stud discount when purchasing Rumours and Hints in the Holoprojector.
- Charged Shot – Hold R2/RT, then release when the wagon flashes to fire a Charged Shot. This powerful shot causes 25% more damage and bounces off surfaces.
- Combat Slide – Press Circle/B while running to perform a Combat Slide, causing damage to enemies and objects.
- Piercing Rounds – Pierce through cover with ranged attacks, inflicting damage on enemies behind it.
Bounty Hunter abilities
From Boba Fett to Zuckuss, some of Star Wars’ most exciting characters can be found in the Bounty Hunter class in Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. They might come into conflict with Star Wars’ heroes most of the time, but we’re confident that this class will be worth investing Kyber Bricks in.
The Bounty Hunter class in Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga has the following abilities:
- Enemy Detector – Detect enemies through walls and other surfaces.
- Hidden Bounties – Collect a bounty of Studs from defeated enemies.
- Scattershot – Bounty Hunter weapons fire a spread of bolts, causing damage across a wider range.
- Shock Grenade – Press circle/B to throw a Shock Grenade which briefly stuns enemies and disables energy shields (such as those used by Droidekas).
You don’t need to be a Sith Lord to be a villain in Star Wars – there are a lot of baddies out there in the Galaxy and TT Games has collated them all in the Villain class. Interestingly, disguised heroes – such as Stormtrooper Luke and First Order Rose Tico – also appear in this class.
The Villain class in Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga has the following abilities:
- Demolitions Expert – Grenades cause explosive damage over a larger range.
- Extra Ammo – Weapons found in Weapon Drop Crates carry more ammo allowing them to be used for longer.
- Defence Droid – A training remote will provide backup during combat, attacking your enemies.
- Villain Terminal Expert – Villain Terminal interactions can be bypassed by holding square/X, or completed for bonus Studs.
Dark Side abilities
That being said, the Sith Lords and those strong with the Dark Side of the force have been given their own class in Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. Crimson lightsaber blades and a penchant for Force Lightning isn’t the only thing that separates these characters from the Villain class. They also have a unique set of class abilities.
The Dark Side class in Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga has the following abilities:
- Fear the Dark Side – enemies and civilians will have an increased chance of running away in fear, and from a further distance.
- Power Push – Force Push will knock back more enemies and objects over a wider range.
- Force Crush – Repeatedly damage enemies grabbed with the Force.
- Dark Rise – boost the power and capabilities of Force Lift.
Astromech Droid abilities
It’s hard to imagine where Star Wars’ heroes would be without their droid counterparts – and this character class celebrates all the Astromech Droids in Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. From R2-D2 and BB-8, to lesser known Astromech Droids R5-2JE and K3-R1, there are a lot of droids to pick from here.
The Astromech Droid class in Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga has the following abilities:
- Distraction – Project a hologram that distracts nearby enemies for a period of time.
- Droid Barge – Press circle/B while moving to slide into enemies, causing damage.
- Astromech Socket Expert – Astromech Socket interactions can be bypassed by holding X/A or completed for bonus Studs.
- Super-Charged – Add a shockwave to stun prod attacks (circle/B), which damages nearby enemies.
Protocol Droid abilities
If you’re more of a C-3PO fan, then don’t worry – you can invest your Kyber Bricks in the Protocol Droid class instead. Threepio features heavily here, with six alternate appearances, but other Protocol Droid class characters include K-3PO, TC-14, and H1-NT.
The Protocol Droid class in Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga has the following abilities:
- Destructive Disassembly – Release a shockwave when disassembling (Hold circle/B), damaging nearby enemies.
- Paid Translator – Receive bonus Studs for translating alien languages.
- Polished Plating – Add a chance of deflecting bolts fired from enemy weapons.
- Turret Tune-up – Bolts fired from Protocol Terminal Turrets will bounce off surfaces, increasing their chances of hitting enemies.
Sadly, characters in the Extras class don’t actually have their own abilities. However, the Core Upgrades below apply to all characters:
- Speedy Sprint – Sprint more quickly while exploring the open Galaxy.
- Fast Build – Increase the speed of assembling and build-its by hand.
- Counter Cash – Receive Studs for successful Combat Counters.
- Extra Health I – Increase health by an additional bar (represented by a white shield above the health bar).
- Ship Enhancements – Increase the attack power of your ships.
- Collectable Detector – Highlight important collectables in the current area with an on-screen marker.
- Attract Studs – Collect Studs from further away.
- Extra Health II– An additional level of health is added.
- Melee Attack Power – Increase the attack power of lightsabers and other melee attacks.
- Ranged Weapon Power – Increase the attack power of blasters and other ranged attacks.
- Health Recovery Speed – Automatic health recovery starts earlier and works faster.
- Extra Health III – An additional level of health is added.
Well, that’s all there is to it – all the Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga classes and what we know about the class abilities. If you’re wondering who’s going to be bringing these iconic characters to life – which fill said character classes – you can check out the Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga voice actors cast here.