Network N, the parent company of The Loadout, is looking for a new group editor to work with and manage the editorial teams within the company’s publishing department. If that sounds right up your street, you better read on.
The ideal candidate will have five years experience in senior editorial roles, a demonstrable track-record for improving and growing online brands, experience managing editorial teams and budgets, experience of successfully delivering promoted content work, and knowledge of online publishing best practices and SEO. Oh, and since you’ll be working with us lovely lot, you’ll need to love games (and hopefully esports) too.
The role comes with a whole load of responsibilities, but it’s a great role for someone who’s looking to move further up the ladder and help shape the future of The Loadout, PCGamesN, Pocket Tactics, Strategy Gamer, and Wargamer. It’s also based in Bath, UK, but we’d be potentially open to discussing UK-based remote possibilities.
The full list of responsibilities are as follows:
- Developing, refining, and ensuring the execution of the brand strategies for our owned sites
- Assisting with all aspects of the promoted content campaigns across the portfolio, including pitching, execution, and ensuring successful delivery
- Working with our Audience Development Manager to ensure consistent audience growth across our brands
- Working with our Head of Publishing Development to refine and optimise our web platforms in order to achieve the department’s strategic objectives
- Working with our Ecommerce Editor to maximise ecommerce revenues and opportunities
- Ensuring adherence to brand guidelines and maintaining a high bar for quality across our websites
- Training and developing our site editors and cell leaders to the highest possible standards
- Managing our site editors and providing guidance, feedback, and pastoral care
- Providing support for the Network team regarding business intelligence and site recruitment
- Working alongside our video and social media teams as required
- Understanding and managing business unit budgets where required
- Building and maintaining industry relationships, and representing Network N at relevant events
- Other as requested by the Publishing Director
If you’re interested in applying, please send the following to [email protected]:
- Your CV
- A short covering letter explaining why you’re the perfect candidate
Applications for this position will close on August 28.
As well as the chance to work with our wonderful sites, Network N also offers:
- 28 days holiday
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Competitive salary (C. £40k depending on experience)
- Profit share scheme for all
- EMI scheme (after one year of service)
- Perkbox subscription
- Staff social events, including Christmas and summer parties
You can find the full details of the role over on the Network N careers page.