Two months after its highly successful launch, Mediatonic is ready to launch brand new content for Fall Guys. The second season of Fall Guys goes live today, introducing four medieval themed levels, a stage selector, and a random outfit generator.
The theme for this season is medieval knights, bringing about visual changes to several levels. We’ve also been given a peek at the skins coming to the game, giving players the chance to finally play as Shrek, Donkey, Fiona, and even a Jester. Though the addition of four new levels may seem like the biggest highlight of the update, Fall Guys has been given a number of important bug fixes that should improve the overall quality of the game.
The Fall Guys community doesn’t seem to be overjoyed by the release of Season 2, primarily due to the lack of new levels. One of the biggest complaints made about Fall Guys was the lack of variety in the game’s final stages. This update doesn’t appear to address this issue, instead opting to increase the map pool from 20 to 24.
Here are all the changes introduced in the Fall Guys Season 2 update:
- The Show Selector: There are now time-limited shows that give players new ways to enjoy their favourite round types by selecting which show they want to play
- Banners & Nameplates: Mix and match customizable banners and nameplates to compliment your Fall Guy’s attire
- Random Outfit Generator: Randomize your outfit and get a combination you like
- Knight Fever: The hardest gauntlet level yet
- Wall Guys: Cooperate with other players to traverse castle walls
- Egg Siege: A brand new Egg Scramble map with moving drawbridges
- Hoopsie Legends: A solo Hoopsie round with movable blocks
- You can now see your party members fall alongside you while waiting for a match to be found
- Fall Guys now have more responsive mantling up ledges
- Many levels had visual updates applied to them
- Base PS4 FPS should now be much better – 60 rather than 30
- Various crashing issues have been resolved
- Many bug fixes and optimizations have been applied
Arguably, the biggest change to the game that will likely impact most players is the frame rate boost on base PlayStation 4s. This change should make the game feel more responsive as a result, though players have reported there are some dips in performance when things get a bit too hectic.