Ever since Battlestate Games said the team was struggling to get an update out on time, Escape From Tarkov fans have been impatiently waiting for patch 0.12.8. That wait is now over and the update brings a lots of new skills, equipment, and changes to the game.
By far the biggest change is the addition of the heavy bleeding effect. Now if you’re hit by a big caliber round and you begin to bleed heavily, you’ll leave a blood trail behind you for pursuers to follow. You’ll also only be able to stop the bleeding using specific healing items, so make sure you head into a raid fully prepared.
In addition to that, we’re also getting two new skills: Crafting and Hideout management which you’ll be able to level up over time through in-raid experience. New players are also getting a boost with some quality of life changes, including the addition of a compass and free Therapist treatment for players level 1-5.
We’re also getting improvements to AI scavs, as well as new cosmetics , and new weapons from the M45A1 pistol to the KS-23 shotgun.
One thing that’s not been mentioned this patch is when the next wipe is. While Battlestate hasn’t confirmed when the next Escape From Tarkov wipe will happen, many online believe it’ll either be 12.9 or 13. So you’ve got another few weeks at the very least to enjoy your stacked arsenal.
Here are the Escape From Tarkov patch 0.12.8 notes in full:
- New skill ‘Crafting’
- New skill ‘Hideout management’
- New special item Compass
- The new item which will allow player to easily identify directions (azimuth) by pressing U key. This item will be equipped in the new unlootable slot (which means no one will be able to take your compass)
- New type of bleeding – heavy bleeding
- may open with a lower chance than a normal bleeding. Heavy bleeding requires special treatment items to stop (also some medical kits have the property of stopping heavy bleeding). The character with heavy bleeding leaves traces of blood on the surfaces.
- New consumable items – Esmarch tourniquet, hemostatic syringe, kvass beverage
- Fast backpack dump
- the ability to quickly drop the backpack by double tapping the Z key
- New third version of voice for BEAR
- New faces and clothing for scavs
- Voices of bosses (Glukhar, Sanitar and Reshala)
- New character animations in the menu (on loading screen, in inventory, etc.).
- New clothes for USED and BEAR (tops and lowers)
- New equipment (armoured vest, chest rig, backpacks, headphones, and helmets)
New weapons and weapon parts
- M45A1 Pistol
- KS-23 Shotgun
- RFB Rifle
- New mods for various weapons
Quality of life changes
- Redesigned the group gathering screen in the lobby. Now you can see the character models of the group members with nicknames.
- Added display of the object resource on the quick use panel
- For mods, weapons, items moved by the mouse (drag’n’drop), added highlight of weapons, slots and mods where they fit (green – can be placed inside, yellow – can be combined / installed)
- Option in the game settings – selection of the body parts color in the upper left UI element (a variant corresponding to the colors from the inventory on the “Health” tab and the old variant – red monochrome)
- Options in the game settings to select the principle of displaying the combat interface elements (automatically hide or always show – quick access zone, endurance zone and the current stance and the current health state of body parts, all can be configured separately)
- Added an ammo loading menu in the context menu of magazines in the stash
- At the flea market, when buying more items than are left on sale, the remaining available quantity is bought
- Automatic sorting of character’s stash, any containers, backpacks, etc. by “sort” button
- On the preset or customization screen, the characteristics of the weapon in the characteristics window now change when pointing to the mod to be installed
- In the kill list after the raid the field “distance” (showing the distance of the fatal shot) was added.
- When you exit the game, we added a warning that the generator is on.
- Added a counter for ready items after crafting in the hideout in the lower menu
- At a flea market, current flea market filters are no longer applied to your list of offers and your wish list.
- Sorting goods by category is now reset when moving between merchants
- Width of scrollbar in the stash, merchants’ assortment increased
- Added a hot key to unload the chamber CTRL+R.
- Added a hot key to re-chamber ALT+R
- Sent friend requests can now be cancelled
- Added “accept all invitations” button
- After death on the post-raid statistics screen, your character is now displayed in the equipment in which he was killed.
- If the weapon has no magazine and there is no cartridge in the chamber, then by pressing the reload, the cartridge is now charged into the chamber (if there is a bunch of rounds in the pockets or vest).
- Outside the raid, the stash can now be opened and closed by pressing the TAB hotkey.
- Added display of “found in raid” status icon for canisters in the hideout generator area (if the canister is “found in raid”)
- Now the “Empty” button is displayed as the last item in the drop-down menu of the canister selection for the Generator
- Now the treatment at the therapist will be free of charge first 5 levels of character
- Iteration of animation system optimization
- Optimizing the work of AI on the server
- High Quality Color option (enabled by default, disabling can give a small performance gain at the expense of image quality)
- Different shader optimizations
- Added weapon swaying in bots movements
- Improved phrases for the attack by scav bots players
- The bots now respond to the player scav “Follow me” gesture
- Fixed bot behavior in combat when its target is outside the door
- Fixed bug when Killa boss reacted incorrectly to smoke
- Improved automatic cover search system
- Fixed one of the bugs, from which a player scav could not become an enemy for raiders in reserve bunkers.
- Fixed one of the bugs that caused bots to pass through closed doors
- Bots now respond to the sound of approaching behind their backs
- Fixed bug when bot ignored player after blinding.
- Fixed a bug when a bot did not react to shooting at it through a masking net
- Raiders now attack the regular scavs
- Bots now respond to BEAR, USEC fractions with appropriate phrases
- Bots can now react to the sound of a knocked down door
- Fixed a bug when killing guards did not change the role of left alive bots
- Desync of on/off status of the flashlight
- Bug, when the items of the killed PMC character had the “found in the raid” status for the scav character of the same PMC player, in the same session
- A series of bugs with the ability of the character to look through the walls
- A series of bugs with invisible characters after spawning
- Bug with missing display of the list of weapon presets
- Setting and removing mods now resets sight mode (to correct a bug with aiming without image in lens)
- Bug of no animation for picking objects from a third person view
- Error 228, when special characters were used to name a preset
- A bug with the blocking of further use of context voice lines, if you open the inventory during the sounding phrase
- Bug, when on the items selection window for weapon crafting in the hideout, offered parts were already installed on the weapon
- Bug, when the effect of “painkillers” or “stimulants” was removed earlier than the shown time
- Bug, when the inventory broke down and caused an error, if in raid you removed weapons through Del key
- Bug, when the explosion of frag grenades did not impose a contusion effect
- Bug, when the gun stopped firing in automatic mode, if you start to quickly press the fire button before holding it
- A bug, when the state of the stock fold was desynchronised , if an operation with the stock was performed during the operation with the object
- Different bugs leading to a close enemy spawn
- Bug, when the message counter increased by the number of unread messages when a new message was received after a raid
- Tooltips and UI objects hanging in the interface
- Bug when the image froze in the optics after using a thermal imaging device
- Different bugs related to the ability to move items from not fully searched vests, backpacks, etc.
- Desync of the price of quick health treatment
- Bug with duplicate of Prapors’ portrait in merchant menu
- Fixed the duplicate image effect with heat haze effect
- Bugs related to switching views to the hideout when the NVG on character is on
- Error related to quick treatment when entering the Hideout
- Bug, when the body took a static ragdoll position before touching the ground (problem with bodies hanging in the air)
- Bug when the player would not receive the group status in the lobby
- Bug when the resolution of the screen would not change after changing the screen mode
- Bug, when you could open context menu in the window of item transfer
- Error spam after suicide with a grenade, related to decal rendering
- Bug, when jump action was in actions queue, if player tried to initiate jump, while laying down
- Bug, when standing level didn’t decrease after quest fail
- Bug of cycled animation, when installing weapon modifications while reloading
- Bug, when healing wasn’t interrupted during load / unload of a magazine
- Bug of healing animation getting stuck, while installing weapon modifications via DragNDrop
- Bug of inability to unload a magazine, which was in the magazine case
- Disabling buttons of installing and uninstalling video cards to a bitcoin farm, during sending of query related to interaction with them
- Various fixes and visual improvements of interfaces
- Bug, when changes to marker on a map were not saved
- Bug, when game client was unable to close after 601 backend error for online and offline raids
- Many different fixes on locations
- Various fixes related to rain and soaking of surfaces
- Various fixes for backend, related to increase the backend and overall game stability
- Bug, when armor didn’t receive any damage from explosions of AGS and FN GL40 grenades
- Delay before pulling the trigger of SV-98
- Fixes related to delayed actions on the lobby screen when gathering a group
- Bugs with the elite level of Vitality and Attention skills
- Various fixes of minor bugs and errors
- Stims and medical items now can remove contusion effect
- Skills that require body hit to progress are not going to be progressed with your party members
- When character is blind by flashbang, he will always reload with mag drop
- Decreased damage radius of FN-GL40 grenades
- Increased armor piercing of 7.62x25mm TT ammo
- PC blocks now spawn ssd and sas drives, various big containers – various equipment – vests, backpacks etc. (in addition to existing loot)
- Big plastic containers now spawn more items in general
- Minor changes to AI scav loadouts
- Increased fall damage
- In the quest line The Tarkov shooter player now can use any bolt action rifle
- Quest to unlock trader “Jeager” is now available after accepting of “Gunsmith 1” quest. Requirements for quest “Gunsmith 1” lowered to level 2
- Reworked player spawn points at Reserve base location
- Scav players spawn at the Reserve location is made later in time
- Reduced the traders restock timer to about 2 hours (it was once every 3 hours)