A gamer’s mitts go through a lot. After all, we spend countless hours sweating away, controller (or keyboard and mouse) in-hand. As part of a new collaboration with nail polish brand OPI, Xbox is trying to turn our tired cuticles into cutie-cles with a 12-colour palette. Oh, and there’s even some exclusive in-game cosmetics tied to the deal for US players.
The OPI x Xbox collection makes reference to various Xbox Game Pass titles, including ‘You Had Me at Halo’ (Halo Infinite) and ‘Racing for Pinks’ (Forza Horizon 5), as well as gaming jargon in the form of ‘N00berry’. Those in the US will be able to shop the selection at ULTA, while buyers elsewhere will be able to snag their favourite shades from stores carrying OPI “starting in February”.
Alongside the polishes, players State-side will have the chance to win custom Xbox wireless controllers in the most popular hues. From February 1 they’ll also have the ability to unlock a purple Spartan armour shader in Halo Infinite, as well as a gradient skin wrap in Forza Horizon 5 with any qualifying purchase.
Here are all the hues you’ll be able to kit out your nails in, with all colours available in GelColor, Infinite Shine, and Nail Lacquer formulas. Select shades (marked with an asterisk) are also available in Powder Perfection.
- Quest for Quartz: A shimmery rose quartz that will put you in the winner circle.
- Pixel Dust: A shimmery mauve pink that will pixelate your world.
- Racing for Pinks*: A crème rose that will rev your engine.
- Suzi is My Avatar*: A creamy pink-nude that will give you virtual power.
- Trading Paint*: A crème apricot you’ll race to the finish for.
- Heart and Con-soul: A shimmery crimson red that takes nails to the next level.
- The Pass is Always Greener: Meet your matcha with this creamy pastel green.
- Sage Simulation: Get lost in a shimmery sage green simulation.
- You Had Me at Halo: A shimmery galactic blue that will give you sparkly stats.
- Can’t CTRL Me*: A shimmery robin’s egg blue that cannot be CTRL’d.
- Achievement Unlocked*: Unlock a world of color that’s lilac optimized.
- N00berry*: Berry boost your nails with this deep crème purple.
For more information on the collab, as well as a better look at the in-game cosmetics, check out the Xbox Wire post here. While we’re a bit gutted to miss out on the snazzy skins over here in little old England, we hope our US readers enjoy the drip.