July 29, 2020 The update is now scheduled to take place today at 9:00 EDT / 13:00 UTC / 12:00 BST. Downtime for the game will be 20 minutes
The new Rainbow Six Siege update is on its way – although not quite yet. Although update Y5S2.3 was announced to be coming later today, some “unforeseen circumstances” have lead to the changes being delayed. We don’t know quite yet when the game will receive the update.
Update Y5S2.3 will mainly see changes made to three operators. Fuze is getting a small buff with another cluster charge, Gridlock is getting a bunch of buffs, and Oryx’s dash is getting altered too. Players will also be required to use two-step verification for ranked matches.
You may not be an Oryx main, but his dash changes will affect you because players will also now feel the effects of getting knocked through walls by him or Nomad. You’ll also take five HP of feedback damage too, so you’re going to want to watch out for their abilities a little more now.
Here are all the changes that are coming to Rainbow Six Siege with Y5S2.3:
- Some updates to the notifications system to help make future popups less spammy.
- After August 11, 2020, 2-Step Verification will be mandatory for ranked on PC in APAC. If you have not activated 2SV prior to this date you will be locked out of the Ranked queue until 2SV is activated on your account.
By making her gadget a bit more enjoyable to use, we’re looking to make Gridlock players’ lives a bit easier.
- Lowered Gridlock’s Caltrop deployment time to 9s (down from 13s).
- Lowered the individual Caltrops deployment time to 0.45s (down from 0.7s).
- Lowered the range of random deploy variation to 0.05s (down from 0.1s).
- Added a delay of 0.45s before the deployment sequence starts (previously no delay).
We want to let Oryx make more use of his dash, and added mobility and durability will hopefully make him a bit more fun to play.
- Using his dash through a soft wall will not deplete all the dash charges.
- Increased Dash refresh time to 12s (up from 8s).
- Dash recovery time for all dashes is now 0.5s. (Previous recovery times: soft wall = 1s, enemy = 0.7s).
Giving Fuze a bit more presence and utility with an additional charge.
- Increased the number of cluster charges to 4 (up from 3)
To maintain consistency with softwall interactions, we’re giving enemies that are pushed through walls the same feedback as when Oryx dashes through them.
- When pushed through a wall by Nomad’s airjabs or Oryx’s dash, players will receive the same feedback and take the same damage (5 hp) as when Oryx dashes through a soft wall.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to delay today's release of Y5S2.3.
We will share updated maintenance times at a later date. https://t.co/OrSew5Y3r6
— Rainbow Six Siege (@Rainbow6Game) July 28, 2020
- FIXED – Missing anchoring decals from Ace’s SELMA.
- FIXED – Ace’s SELMA can get stuck when thrown in a certain way at some beams, becoming unrecoverable.
- FIXED – While grappling through a window or hatch, Amaru can aim faster with her LMG if she times her sprint and ADS buttons just prior to landing.
- FIXED – IQ’s gadget will not display the outline and distance of Melusi’s Banshees.
- FIXED – Zofia’s concussion grenades are impacted by external explosions and can bounce away from the target location.
- FIXED – Flattening the doorframes and windows on all maps.
- FIXED – Floating and indestructible wooden squares after destroying some walls on Yacht.
- FIXED – Gunshot sounds are muffled when shooting from inside 1F Technical Seating of Plane.
- FIXED – Various menu/UI fixes.
- FIXED – Various cosmetics fixes.
- FIXED – Various Lighting issues on maps.
- FIXED – Various shop visual and cosmetic fixes.
- FIXED – (PvE) Interaction between Ace’s gadget and AI.