When is the League of Legends Milio release date? Developer Riot Games’ hit MOBA game is soon to welcome its 163rd champion in the form of Milio, The Gentle Flame. The young Fire Axiom master from Ixtal has learned how to wield his flames to heal, not harm, and as an enchanter he’ll be a soothing presence for his teammates – flanked by his adorable fuemigos – on the Rift.
By the looks of things, Milio could very well be a regular feature in LoL ranked lobbies, not least because he is utterly adorable. Boasting the ability to not only heal and shield allied champions but increase their range and movement speed, as well as cleanse them of CC using his ultimate, there’s a lot to love in his kit. Below you’ll find everything you need to know about League of Legends’ Milio, including his full ability rundown, as well as that all-important release date.
League of Legends Milio release date
According to Riot, Milio will release with LoL patch 13.6 on March 22, 2023. The studio confirmed the date during a recent media briefing. Milio will initially arrive on PBE on March 7, before hitting the live servers two weeks later.
League of Legends Milio abilities
As previously mentioned, Milio has all sorts of goodies in his kit that support players will be sure to vibe with. Here is the full list of Milio’s abilities.
- (P) Fired Up! – Milio’s abilities enchant allies on touch, making their next damage deal a burst of extra damage and burn the target.
- (Q) Ultra Mega Fire Kick – Milio kicks a ball that knocks back an enemy. The ball launches upward on hit and falls toward the enemy, damaging and slowing enemies in the area upon impact.
- (W) Cozy Campfire – Milio creates an empowering zone that heals allies and increases attack range to those inside. The zone follows the ally nearest to the cast point.
- (E) Warm Hugs – Milio tosses a shield to an ally, temporarily increasing their movement speed.
- (R) Breath of Life – Milio unleashes a wave of soothing flames that heal and remove crowd control effects from allies in range.
League of Legends Milio trailer
Check out the champion trailer for Milio right here.
Additionally, Riot has released his official Champion Theme which you can check out below.
League of Legends Milio lore
Milio was born in a remote village on the border of Ixtal, which his family was exiled to generations ago. His grandmother, Lupé, and grandaunt Luné originally hoped to join the Yun Tal – the region’s ruling caste. However, after Luné was caught plotting treason against the caste, the family was cast out.
Once Milio became of age, Lupé began teaching him how to wield the various elemental axiomata. It’s very Avatar, though Riot does cite the series as a major influence on his development. Displeased by his lack of discipline, Milio’s grandmother halts the training, though Milio continues on to not only master the fire axiom – the one element Lupé didn’t divulge to him – but to develop a way to utilise it to heal others, rather than use it for destruction.
With his posse of fuemigos and his trusty backpack – dubbed ‘furnasita’ – by his side, Milio eventually sets out to Ixtal’s capital, Ixaocan, in order to join the Yun Tal himself, and cleanse his family’s name.
And that’s all you need to know about the League of Legends Milio release date. We hope we get to see plenty of him in pro play this year. Who knows? We might even see him on the LoL Worlds stage.