Are you passionate about the world of mobile games? Are you dying to tell the stories of game developers who have spent months tailoring their game for the Apple Arcade? Do you want to help usher in a new age for the mobile gaming industry’s biggest website? If the answer to all the above questions is a resounding ‘Yes’ then we want to hear from you.
Network N is on the hunt for two new staff writers with a strong understanding of the mobile games and Nintendo Switch market for Pocket Tactics, the number one place to go for guide content on the biggest and best games.
The staff writer positions are entry level, so since you’ll be largely responsible for tackling news, reviews, and guides, you’ll need to have some published work (even if it’s on your own blog) to show off. You’ll get bonus points if the samples you send us are about mobile or Switch games.
If this sounds right up your street, you can see the full criteria for the roles below:
Staff writer – Pocket Tactics
Location: Bath, UK (also available remotely for UK workers)
Application deadline: Sunday, April 4, 2021 (apply here)
- Content creation: writing guides, features, reviews, and news stories
- Editorial planning, including spotting and exploring content opportunities
- Sub-editing the work of others, if required
- Conducting interviews
- Cultivating relationships with developers, publishers, PRs, etc.
- Attending events, trade shows, etc. (these are digital at present)
- Learning and working within guidelines for style, tone, and SEO
Required skills and experience:
- The ability to write brilliantly and quickly
- A keen interest in mobile and/or Nintendo Switch gaming
- Experience writing and pitching articles
- Proficiency with basic working tools: google docs, sheets, task management, etc.
- Proactivity, attention to detail, and excellent organisation
- Previous CMS experience
Both these roles come with a whole host of perks, including 28 days holiday, a profit share scheme, and more. You’ll also get the chance to work with a cracking team, which, I’m sure you’ll agree, is a perk in itself.
Applications are open until April 4, 2021, so get your CV and cover letter in quick if you’re interested in joining Pocket Tactics.