FromSoftware’s Elden Ring is a huge game with a lot of moving parts working together to make it tick. Just take a look at the Elden Ring map size to see what we mean. Sure, some of these moving parts are going to be very giant bosses looking to decimate you as you roam the Lands Between, but that’s part and parcel of this incredible experience, which we talk about in our Elden Ring review. With so much going on, it’s a sad reality that there are going to be some performance issues and bugs that need squashing.
When it comes to Elden Ring patch notes, there are a few things that we’re expecting to see from the developers. This game might not get regular balancing updates, like Call of Duty Warzone, but balancing and changes will be made as you work your way through the Elden Ring boss order, in order to ensure the game is balanced.
These changes might not be immediately visible, but they’re going to be important and it’s vital to keep on top of them if you want to survive the Lands Between.
Elden Ring patch notes 1.03.2
This update is a smaller one, focusing on a few minor bug fixes. However, the patch notes do suggest that more information on improving online play is on the way.
Major items included in the latest update
- Fixed a bug that sometime prevented players from advancing NPC Nepheli Loux’s questline
- Fixed a bug that causes the playable character to die when trying to descend from a spot near Bestial Sanctum
- Fixed a bug that prevented Ash of War, Endure from taking effect
- Fixed a bug in multiplayer that allowed players to teleport others to incorrect map coordinates
You can read up on the full patch notes here.
Elden Ring Patch Notes 1.03
This patch most notably adds a few new quest phases for some NPCs and also fixes a number of issues that players have discovered over the last few weeks. You can see the Elden Ring patch notes for update 1.03 below:
Additional Elements Added
- Added a function to record an icon and the name of an NPC on the map when you encounter that NPC.
- Added NPC Jar-Bairn.
- Added new quest phases for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nepheli Loux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostoc.
- Added some summonable NPCs in multiple situations.
- Increased the number of patterns of objects player can imitate when using Mimic’s Veil.
- Added night background music for some open field area.
- Fixed a bug that prevented summoned NPCs from taking damage in some boss battles.
- Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from obtaining item after boss battle.
- Fixed a bug that causes dialogue to be skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom key configurations.
- Fixed a bug that causes the player to freeze when riding.
- Fixed a bug that causes arcane to scale incorrectly for some weapons.
- In situation where the player cannot obtain more than 2 talisman pouches, added talisman pouch to Twin Maiden Husks shop line up.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the user from warping to sites of grace from the map at the end of the game.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from moving to the next area after the battle with the Fire Giant.
- Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to have incorrect scaling after strengthening.
- Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to not use stat scaling.
- Fixed hang-ups in certain occasions.
- Fixed a bug which incorrectly displays multiplayer area boundary when playing online.
- Fixed a bug that allows player to activate Erdtree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack using a special combination of item and incantation.
- Fixed a bug which causes Fire’s Deadly Sin incantation to have different effect.
- Fixed a bug with the Ash of War, Determination and Royal Knight’s Resolve, where the damage buff will also apply to other weapons without that skill.
- Adjusted the visual effect of Unseen Form spell.
- Deleted the Ragged armor set from the game which was mistakenly obtainable in previous patch.
- Fixed a bug that causes some hostile NPCs to drop Furlcalling Finger Remedy.
- Fixed a bug that causes incorrect sound effect to play in some situations.
- Fixed a bug which causes visual animation and hitboxes to not be displayed correctly on some maps.
- Fixed bugs which causes incorrect visual and behavior for some enemies.
- Fixed a bug that causes incorrect stat parameter for some armor.
- Text fixes.
- Other performance improvement and bug fixes.
- Increased the drop rate of Smithing Stone for some enemies.
- Added Smithing Stone to some early game shop line up.
- Increased shield’s effectiveness.
- Increased the damage for all offensive cracked pot items.
- Increased the damage for the following items: Spark Aromatic/Poison Spraymist.
- Increased the effect duration for the following items: Uplifting Aromatic/ Ironjar Aromatic.
- Increased HP healing for Torrent when using the following items: Rowa Raisin/ Sweet Raisin/ Frozen Raisin
- Reduced FP consumption and increased the damage of the following sorceries: Glintstone Cometshard/ Comet/ Night Comet
- Increased the damage of the following sorceries: Gravity Well/ Collapsing Stars/ Crystal Barrage
- Decreased FP consumption of the following sorceries: Star Shower/ Rock Blaster/ Gavel of Haima/ Founding Rain of Stars/ Stars of Ruin/Greatblade Phalanx/Magic Downpour/ Loretta’s Greatbow/ Loretta’s Mastery/ Carian Greatsword/ Carian Piercer/ Shard Spiral
- Raised projectile speed and range of Great Glintstone Shard
- Decreased Ash of War, Hoarfrost Stomp’s damage and increase cast time.
- Increased Ash of War, Bloody Slash’s self-inflict damage while slightly lowering the damage and increasing the cast time.
- Decreased weapon skill, Sword of Night and Flame’s damage.
- Increased FP consumption and lower duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.
- Changed FP consumption timing of Ash of War, Prelate’s Charge.
- Decreased the damage of spirit summoned when using the item Mimic Tear Ash and changed the spirit’s behavior pattern.
- Other enemy and weapon balance changes
Elden Ring patch notes 1.02.1 and 1.02.2
Two minor updates for Elden Ring on PS5 and PC have been released to address platform-specific issues. The Elden Ring patch notes for update 1.02.1 and 1.02.2 can be seen below:
- Start-up issues related to Easy Anti Cheat (EAC) have been improved.
- Mouse operation improved.
- Reduced number of files needed to load when entering a new area.
- Fixed an issue where the graphics card was not being used, resulting in slow performance.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to quit under certain conditions during a battle with the Fire Giant.
- Fixed other bugs
- Fixed a bug that caused certain unexpected game closures.
- Changes to save game progression even when the game is not terminated.
You can find these patch notes in this Twitter thread here.
Elden Ring patch notes 1.02
This update didn’t make any drastic changes, but there are some things worth knowing. FromSoftware hasn’t gone into details, but player controls have been improved and frame rate issues were also fixed.
- Improved player controls.
- Addition and adjustment of BGM.
- Text adjustments.
- Balance adjustments.
- NPC event fixes and adjustments.
- Fixed frame rate drops under certain conditions.
- Fixed text bug in some languages.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Xbox wireless headset from working properly.
You can read the full patch notes here.
Well, that’s all the Elden Ring patch notes available at the moment. We’ll keep this updated with the latest information when it becomes available. For now, though, why not check out our Elden Ring weapon tier list – you’re going to need the best weapons at your disposal if you want to survive.