FromSoftware’s Elden Ring is a huge game with a lot of moving parts working together to make it tick. Just take a look at the Elden Ring map size to see what we mean. Sure, some of these moving parts are going to be very giant bosses looking to decimate you as you roam the Lands Between, but that’s part and parcel of this incredible experience, which we talk about in our Elden Ring review. With so much going on, it’s a sad reality that there are going to be some performance issues and bugs that need squashing.
When it comes to Elden Ring patch notes, there are a few things that we’re expecting to see from the developers. This game might not get regular care and attention, but occasional patches that contain balancing changes and fixes will be made as you work your way through the Elden Ring boss order.
These changes might not be immediately visible, but they’re going to be important and it’s vital to keep on top of them if you want to survive the Lands Between.
Here are the latest set of Elden Ring patch notes.
Elden Ring patch notes 1.06
Elden Ring update 1.06 has arrived, and it fixes a number of issues players have been having.
The notes include:
- Added the function to send summoning signs to summoning pools in multiple areas, including distant areas.
※When sending a co-op sign to distant areas with this function, summoning pools in “Mohgwyn Palace” will be excluded
Added the function to invade a larger area, including distant areas
Added a new way to advance White Mask Varre’s questline other than participating in multiplayer invasion by defeating a new NPC
- Added the following adjustments to Greatsword, Curved Greatsword and Great Hammers:
- Reduced the time it takes for rolling to become possible after an attack (Jump attack, dual wield attack and attacks while mounted not included)
- Increased the motion speed of strong attack and charge attack (mounted attacks not included)
- Increased Guard Counter’s motion speed
- Increased the attack speed of Great Axes and reduced the time it takes for rolling to become possible after an attack (Jump attack, dual wield attack and attacks while mounted not included)
- Increased rolling distance when player has a light equip load.
- Increased the hitbox of Cipher Pata’s weapon skill “Unblockable Blade”
- Increased the range of Ash of War “Glintstone Pebble” and “Glintstone Dart” projectile while decreasing the damage and stagger power
- Decreased the travel distance and invincibility frames of Ash of War “Bloodhound Step” while adding the changes below: Reduced performance when used continuously and Increased travel distance when on light equip load
- Shortened the activation interval when using “Quick Step” skill in succession, increasing its ability to circle around the enemy when locked-on and add the changes below: Reduced performance when used continuously and Increased travel distance when on light equip load
- Decreased the damage and bleed build-up of weapon skill “Corpse Piler” when hit with the blood attack. When hit by the blade, the damage is only decreased slightly
- Decreased the target tracking ability of sorcery “Stars of Ruin”
- Fixed a bug which caused some attacks of “Lucerne” to not pierce enemy’s guard
- Fixed a bug which made it harder for a two-handed jump attack with “Bloodhound’s Fang” to break enemy’s stance
- Fixed a bug which caused the effect of “Determination” and “Royal Knight’s Resolve” to disappear after using the “Parry” skill with a dagger
- Fixed a bug when dual wielding Axe and Greataxe which caused additional effects from Spells, Weapon Skills and Items to not be applied correctly
- Fixed a bug when two-handing a Halberd which made it harder to withstand enemy’s attack after using guard counter
- Fixed a bug which caused the physical attack affinity of some weapons to be different from the affinity listed in the description.
- Fixed a bug which caused the player to become more easily noticed by the enemy when wearing “Deathbed Dress”, even when crouching
- Fixed a bug which caused charge attack with flail to damage ally character when wearing “Deathbed Dress”
- Fixed a bug that caused HP to regenerate when switching your equipment to certain type of armor
- Fixed a bug where the effect added to the weapon upon using “Mists of Slumber” was lost when the player receive an attack
- Fixed a bug which caused the playable character’s movement to become unstable upon hitting certain enemies with the skill “Ghostflame Ignition”
- Fixed a bug which prevented player from using “The Queen’s Black Flame” skill’s follow-up attack when performing the skill with insufficient FP
- Fixed a bug with the weapon skill “Zamor Ice Storm” which allowed player to more easily withstand enemy’s attack when using the skill with insufficient FP
- Fixed a bug which caused the effect of spells and items added to right-hand armament to occur when using certain weapon skills with left hand.
- Fixed a bug which caused the FP consumption description of certain weapon skills to be different from its actual FP cost
- Fixed a bug that allows “Rock Blaster” to not consume any FP when used with a staff on the left hand and no weapon on the right hand
- Fixed a bug which caused the charged version of “Black Flame Ritual” to consume the same amount of stamina as the normal version
- Fixed a bug which caused the player to receive less HP recovery from incantations and items other than “Flask of Crimson Tears” when activating the effect of “Malenia’s Great Rune”
- Fixed a bug which caused the “Opaline Hardtear” to not boost physical damage negation
- Fixed a bug which prevented the player from jumping mid-air while riding under specific condition
- Fixed a bug which allowed jump attack with Colossal Weapons while mounted to hit twice consecutively
- Fixed a bug which caused some signs to appear more than once in the Summoning Pool
- Fixed a bug which caused the effect of some weapon skill’s attack to persist under specific circumstances
- Fixed a bug which sometimes caused significant performance issue at “Ordina, Liturgical Town” under certain circumstances
- Fixed a bug which prevented the player from picking up dropped Runes upon death under certain circumstances
- Fixed a bug which allowed users to reach certain inaccessible area during multiplayer
- Fixed a bug which caused the multiplayer area to have different boundary than expected
- Fixed a bug that causes some enemies to have incorrect visuals and behaviors.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect sounds to be played under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug which caused some areas to make the player unable to move which lead to death
- Fixed a bug that caused some places on the map to have incorrect visuals and hitboxes.
- Fixed a bug in some maps that allowed users to reach unexpected locations using certain procedures.
- Fixed a bug with the PC version which caused click input to occur when equipping Staves or Sacred Seals and switching Windows to active.
- Other performance improvements and bug fixes.
Added the “ERROR” text to unauthorized items
※In update file 1.04, we have fixed a bug that allowed players to pass unauthorized items that cannot be obtained in game to other players
After the distribution of this update file, possession and usage of these unauthorized items will be subject to warning or penalty after a certain period of time.
Well, that’s all the Elden Ring patch notes available at the moment. We’ll keep this updated with the latest information when it becomes available. For now, though, why not check out our Elden Ring weapon tier list – you’re going to need the best weapons at your disposal if you want to survive.