Oleksandr ‘s1mple’ Kostyliev is one of the best Counter-Strike: Global Offensive players to ever play the game. With a Major and an Intel Grand Slam title, dozens of tournament wins, and a legendary graffiti to his name, many keep tabs on s1mple’s settings as a way of refining their in-game experience.
But what is it about the Natus Vincere’s superstar that makes him so special? While his raw talent certainly helps him stand out from the crowd, the way in which he sets his game up is also hugely important. Every one of the s1mple settings, from his crosshair to his config is set up in a way to maximise his success on the server.
And now, you too can set your game up like that. We can’t promise you’ll turn into a Major-winning AWPer overnight, but it doesn’t hurt to try. Here’s everything you need to know about s1mple’s settings, including how to change them.
S1mple launch settings
Launch settings can only be applied via the CS:GO properties tab in Steam and they help you boot quicker and more efficient in the game. To use s1mple’s settings, copy and paste the following in the launch option section in Steam.
- -freq 360 -novid -console -tickrate 128 +fps_max 400
S1mple monitor and resolution settings
Like most CS:GO pros, s1mple plays on stretched resolution, which makes player models appear wider. This gives you an advantage when AWPing, but they will move faster across your screen as a result. Here are his video settings:
- Resolution: 1280×960
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Scaling: Stretched
- Refresh rate: 240Hz
- Display mode: Fullscreen
- Brightness: 130%
S1mple video settings
To maximise his CS:GO FPS, s1mple has most of his video settings set to the lowest possible. However, there are a few exceptions, which you’ll see below.
- Global Shadow Quality: Very low
- Model and Textures: Low
- Texture Streaming: Disabled
- Effect Detail: Low
- Shader Detail: Low
- Boost Player Contrast: Disabled
- Multicore Rendering: Enabled
- MSAA: 8x MSAA
- FXAA: Disabled
- Texture Filtering Mode: Bilinear
- Wait for V-Sync: Disabled
- Triple Monitor Mode: Disabled
- Use Uber Shaders: Enabled
- Motion Blur: Disabled
S1mple crosshair settings
If you’re looking to use s1mple’s crosshair (which is one of the best CS:GO crosshairs, by the way) , copy and paste the following into the game’s console (usually activated by pressing ‘¬’).
- cl_crosshair_drawoutline 0; cl_crosshairalpha 255; cl_crosshaircolor 4; cl_crosshaircolor_b 255; cl_crosshaircolor_g 0; cl_crosshaircolor_r 255; cl_crosshairdot 1; cl_crosshairgap -3; cl_crosshairsize 1; cl_crosshairstyle 5; cl_crosshairthickness 1; cl_crosshair_sniper_width 1;
S1mple view model settings
Did you know you can alter the position of your characters hands on the screen? Well, s1mple does and you can customise your viewmodel based on his settings by copying and pasting the following into your console.
- viewmodel_fov 68; viewmodel_offset_x 2.5; viewmodel_offset_y 0; viewmodel_offset_z -1.5; viewmodel_presetpos 3; cl_viewmodel_shift_left_amt 1.5; cl_viewmodel_shift_right_amt 0.75; viewmodel_recoil 0; cl_righthand 1;
- cl_bob_lower_amt 21; cl_bobamt_lat 0.33; cl_bobamt_vert 0.14; cl_bobcycle 0.98;
s1mple mouse settings
s1mple uses a Logitech G Pro X Superlight Magenta using the following settings:
- DPI: 400
- Sensitivity: 3.09
- eDPI: 1,236
- Zoom sensitivity: 1
- Hz: 1,000
- Windows sensitivity: 6
- Raw Input: 1
- Mouse Acceleration: 0
So there you have it, all of the s1mple settings in one place. Get that set up before your next CS:GO ranked game and you’ll hopefully be on for a winner.