Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has gotten a quick update on July 23, and some fun changes have been made to Valve’s massive FPS. Most of the update is focussed around the default launch of Trusted Mode, which previously didn’t work out well, and some gameplay fixes but players will also experience a new map rotation.
Mutiny and Swamp are moving into official matchmaking for Casual, Deathmatch and Scrimmage modes and Chlorine and Jungle are being removed, freshening up the maps you’ll be battling on.
In gameplay changes, grenades are finally getting a fix. They will now do the right amount of damage to teammates if the player that threw it has disconnected from the game or has switched teams. Decoy grenades are also being reworked to not damage your teammates by default, which will surely prevent some awkward situations.
There are, of course, some quality of life changes as well from some gun models to low shader quality alterations, but you can read everything yourself in the full patch notes below:
Trusted Mode is now the default launch mode for CS:GO.
- Previous Trusted Mode launch options have been deprecated.
- Instead, a new compatibility launch option “-allow_third_party_software” is provided to allow third party software to access the CS:GO game process.
- For more information about Trusted Mode please refer to the Steam’s Knowledge Base article.
- Added Mutiny and Swamp to official matchmaking in Casual, Deathmatch, and Scrimmage game modes.
- Chlorine and Jungle have been removed from official matchmaking.
- Grenades now convey the correct amount of damage to teammates if thrown by another teammate who switched teams or disconnected.
- Decoy grenade explosions no longer damage teammates by default. (controlled via convar ff_damage_decoy_explosion)
- Fixed bsp-embedded models caching rules to allow for reloading the correct model when transitioning to a different map.
- Capped view model backfaces on Desert Eagle.
- Fixed workshop workbench texture regeneration on low shader quality GPU configurations.
- Minor adjustments to Danger Zone delivery drone behaviour for Steam Workshop Danger Zone maps.