Counter-Strike: Global Offensive’s latest update dropped earlier today and it adds changes to almost every map in the active duty pool. While some of the changes are quite minor, Dust 2 players will be glad to know that the doors on B Site have finally been flipped, reverting them to the 1.6 version.
As part of the June 10 update, six maps have been tweaked by Valve. Cache has by far the biggest list of changes that will impact gameplay. The ladder leading to Sniper’s Nest has been replaced by a box, improvements have been made to visibility in T entrance to A main, and a wallbang in Mid Shed has been patched out.
On Dust 2, B site doors have been flipped and the windows near A site ramp have been raised so players can pick out enemies more easily. The ivy on A site arch has been trimmed on Inferno, plants and trash have been trimmed and removed on Mirage, as has the pesky silent drop down bug from B site balcony. Other maps received some small optimisation and contrast changes, which you can read in full detail below.
Of course, this all feeds in to one of CS:GO’s latest game settings called ‘Boost Player Contrast’ which is enabled by default. The setting improves the character’s contrast against backgrounds at far distances according to Valve, which should help you identify players in some darkened areas of maps.
You can read the full CS:GO June 10 patch notes, per the blog here:
Added the ‘Boost Player Contrast’ advanced video setting, which improves the legibility of players in low contrast situations.
- Adjusted some agent textures for improved visibility.
- Adjusted dropped C4 collision geometry.
- Fixed Danger Zone drone pilot camera getting stuck when drone received burn damage.
- Added Desert Eagle shell eject event for last bullet fired.
- Minor texture streaming optimizations.
- Removed large ivy-models near bathrooms by A site
- Removed thin windows in bathrooms by A site
- Removed bicycle by picnic by A long
- Brightened up connector tunnel
- Brightened up T spawn
- Added nice stone trims
- Flipped B site doors
- Simplified background when looking from B tunnels towards truck in mid
- Changed fog start distance from 1000 to 512, changed max density from .2 to .4
- Raised windows by A site ramp to make characters stand out more
- Removed trash pile at top of mid
- Trimmed plant by T spawn, towards apartments
- Boosted light in market window
- Fixed silent dropdown bug from B site balcony
- Changed angle of ladder in ladder-room
- Trimmed ivy by CT spawn towards A site arch
- Fixed CSM shadow from tower in mid
- Added new train bumper model with flat top
- Replaced ladder to sniper’s nest with a box
- Cleaned up several important angles. (Thanks LangeThorup!)
- Added 1v1 Arenas
- Replaced cargo containers with new model for improved performance
- Visibility improvements in T entrance to A Main (Thanks Slender_CS!)
- Fixed unwanted/unintuitive wallbang in Mid Shed
- Subtle color tweaks
- Various clipping fixes