It looks like Warzone Season 5 Reloaded might be the last chance we have to play Rebirth Island and the aforementioned update is introducing the last batch of buffs and nerfs before the Warzone 2 release date. The end of an era is upon us, and so to comes the end of one of the best battle royale games we’ve ever played. If you’re starting to feel a little nostalgic, you’re not alone. Raven Software is celebrating some of the more amusing moments in this game’s two-and-a-half-year history, and the Warzone meta, with a set of “Warzone Stories” calling cards.
In the official Warzone Season 5 Reloaded patch notes post, Raven Software has announced that everyone playing Warzone will be able to get a set of six calling cards “for free from day one” as thanks for “sharing in these fun and memorable moments”.
As mentioned above, these Warzone Stories callings cards aim to highlight a number of memorable moments in Warzone’s history, immortalising them for the Warzone community as we all transition to a new battle royale experience. These moments include the dominant Grau meta from Warzone’s early days, that time when people thought everyone was calling out ‘eagle child’ over ‘ego challenge’, and when invisible Rose skins plagued us all.
Yes, the fine folk at Raven Software are touching on the battle royale’s darkest moments to remind us of how horrible it was. However, even if you weren’t a fan of the DMR meta or Caldera’s planes, this collection serves as a wonderful reminder of just how much character this game has had since its 2020 release. If you’re looking for a few more details than that, we have everything Raven Software said below:
- Warzone Stories: King Grau!
- The meta of all metas, the Grau 5.56 (MW) is one of the all-time great Weapons. Let’s celebrate its legacy as the true AR king that shall not be forgotten, or dethroned.
- Warzone Stories: Cracked Meta!
- A meta remembered for varying reasons *ahem* is the “cracked” DMR 14 (BOCW) from the second year of Warzone. If you’re still a DMR 14 (BOCW) demon, then may this Calling Card represent you well.
- Warzone Stories: Eagle Child!
- We loved this Reddit story. Whether you think it’s “Ego Challenge” or “Eagle Child”, we want you to feel represented either way.
- Warzone Stories: Big Fish!
- Is it a mammal, or is it a real big fish? *Spoiler alert* Of course it’s a mammal, but we wanted those who are grossly misinformed to still feel represented.
- Warzone Stories: Pest Control!
- We’ve all been there: Rebirth Island, Grandma’s house, there’s a rat hiding in the darkest corner possible. Show your pest control capabilities with this special Calling Card that is sure to put fear into every Rose Operator for a hundred miles.
- Warzone Stories: Swap-Seat-Snipe!
- We have seen some absolutely incredible content come from planes, with one of the most impressive being the wealth of snipes from the passenger seat. Equip this Calling Card while sniping from 1,000ft up to show your opponents just how calculated it was.
We know Warzone isn’t disappearing for good just yet, but we can’t help but wonder what could have been if Raven Software continued with its’ development over a sequel. Still, early Warzone 2 gameplay confirms it’s the next generation of battle royale games and we can’t wait.