The newest Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone update is upon us. With many important bug fixes and a Warzone playlist shuffle, you may be wondering how the patch could get any better? Well, Update 1.28 has given us something many PC players have been begging for – the ability to uninstall Call of Duty: Modern Warfare content you’re no longer using.
The option to uninstall and modify certain game content isn’t a new feature to the game, as console players have had this control for some time now, and there are some limitations to what you can and cannot do. But this addition is a godsend to players that are in dire need of some extra hard drive space.
You can find full instructions on how to free up some space on your drives below. Be sure to check out the full Call of Duty: Modern Warfare patch notes to keep up to date with the newest playlists and weapon changes.
How to remove installed content:
Before removing installed content, be sure your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game is not running, and the game is not updating.
- Open the Battle.net Launcher.
- Select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare from the panel on the left.
- Select the Options menu on the upper lefthand portion of the Battle.net Launcher.
- Select Modify Install to open the installation popup.
- Under Game Content, select Modify Install.
- Uncheck the content you wish to uninstall. (Warzone cannot be uninstalled.)
- Special Ops
- Select Confirm.
- Select Start Install.
It is not possible to modify the installed content while updating. If your game is not up to date before you modify your content selection, the size estimates will not be accurate.