For any mega fan of Respawn’s battle royale, a fresh set of Apex Legends patch notes will never fail to get them excited. Each update sees legends and weapons tweaked, bugs squashed, and content added, and it can be a tall order to keep on top of everything that’s changed or that is getting altered in the future.
That’s why we’re on hand to collate all of the recent Apex Legends patch notes to let you know the lay of the Outlands. In Season 15, there have been plenty of changes and new additions to keep tabs on, so read on for all of the patch notes from major updates.
Apex Legends patch notes – Spellbound Collection Event
Here are the Apex Legends Season 15 patch notes for the Spellbound Collection Event update, which drops January 10, 2023. Fan-favourite LTM Control returns with some tweaks, private matches join Apex, and several weapons receive some buffs and nerfs.
- Join In Progress extended further into match ( Matchmaking will try to fill empty player slots until 1 team has a score of 625 or there is a score difference of 300 between the teams)
- Players that join a match in progress get some helpful boosts for their first spawn:
- Skip the first spawn wave
- Spawn with Purple Armor and Helmet
- Get a full Ratings Tier ( Purple Weapons and an Ultimate Charge)
- Added new end-of-match XP reward to Control (150 XP for completing a match).
- If a team is losing by a score of 62 or more, they skip spawn waves.
- Added Distance Indicator on the MRB in-world Icon.
- Added Time Remaining Indicator on the MRB spawn point Map Icon.
- Display a hint message when MRB placement is not possible explaining why placement is failing (too close to friendly or enemy Home Base, too close to a Zone).
- Bloodhound clues clean up after 30 secs instead of 90 secs.
- Clean up Bloodhound clues when the player that left them behind dies (except for the player death clue).
- Some more spawn tuning to further try to prevent players from spawning close to enemies.
- Set the Inventory Tab as the default ( instead of Scoreboard ) when accessing menus during gameplay.
- Updates to Loadouts in the Loadout Selection Menu based on Weapon Meta Changes
- Bug and Crash Fixes
- Want to host your own tournaments? Private matches are now available for all players. Get ready to generate your own tournament codes and host custom private matches. Squad up with your friends and give it a try!
Weapon changes and rotation
- G7 Scout enters the crafter
- C.A.R. SMG enters the crafter
- Spitfire returns to the floor
- Peacekeeper returns to the floor
Anvil Receiver Hop-Up
- Limb damage multiplier reduced to 0.75 (was 0.9)
- Flatline damage reduced to 39 (was 43)
- R301 damage reduced to 32 (was 35)
- Damage reduced to 32 (was 34)
Prowler Burst PDW
- Damage increased to 15 (was 14)
- Now requires 1 shield cell to Energize (was 2)
- Fixed mirage decoys not showing shield regen fx when near a Wattson Pylon or in Control or Gun Game modes.
- 10 new Welcome Challenges added to help new players learn Apex.
- New “Apex 101” badge reward for completing all 10 Welcome Challenges.
- Changing characters in the Firing Range now has a smoother third-person transition.
- Fixed rare issue with Mobile Respawn Beacon sometimes spawning the Dropship out of bounds.
- Fixed issue with ability previews when entering Phase Portals.
- Doors now always appear as damaged when they’re one melee attack away from being destroyed.
- Caustic Town Takeover loot canisters now behave more reliably in Control Mode.
- Reduced the VFX of Caustic’s gas flash.
- Fixed rare client crash with IMC Armories.
- Fixed the raven in Bloodhound’s Niflheim Hundr skin to appear as white more reliably.
- DirectX 12 beta: added support for the Brightness slider in all Display Modes.
- DirectX 12 beta: Fixed crash with setting.mat_backbuffer_count “0” in videoconfig.txt settings. Note that Apex Legends running in DirectX 11 (DX11) requires the operating system to use an additional buffer for compositing, which was not counted in mat_backbuffer_count. DX12 includes that required buffer in mat_backbuffer_count, so DX12 in full-screen mode with “1” will be just as low latency as DX11 with “0”.
- Fixed issue where Crypto could inspect while using their drone removing the HUD.
- Fixed issue where the lobby tabs would enter an unresponsive state after changing resolution on PC.
- Adjusted hold and tap logic for controller players viewing weapons in Loadouts to be more responsive.
Apex Legends patch notes Season 15
Here are all the patch notes for Apex Legends’ Season 15 update, which drops on November 1 (and you can find out more about the specific Apex Legends Season 15 release time here).
New content & features for Apex Legends Season 15
- Catalyst – new playable legend
- Broken Moon – new battle royale map
- Gifting – enables buying cosmetics with Apex Coins as gifts
- Stickers – cosmetics for healing items / shielding items
- Firing Range Changes – all legends now unlocked
Balancing updates for Apex Legends Season 15
- Crate Rotation – Mastiff returns to floor, RE-45 enters
- Gold Weapons – R-301, Devotion, 30-30 Repeater, EVA-8, Prowler Burst PDW
- Added to floor loot – Anvil Receiver
- Removed from floor loot – Hammerpoint Rounds, Boosted Loader, Kinetic Feeder
- Hop-up changes – Double Tap Trigger now legendary with improved G7 Scout recoil, Turbocharger now reduces damage by 1
- Crafting Rotation – M600 Spitfire and Peacekeeper in, HAVOC and P2020 out
- Rampage LMG changes – Removed heat decay overtime and spawns charged on first-time pick-up, can also recharge before previous charge has expired
- Sentinel changes – can recharge before previous charge has expired
- Mastiff changes – Increased ammo capacity (5), widened blast pattern, damage pellet reduction (11), projectile growth reduced, reload can now be cancelled with ADS
- RE-45 changes – Damage increased (14), Disruptor Rounds increase damage against shields (30%)
- L-Star changes – Reduced initial recoil, stow animation improved
- Volt SMG changes – Reduced projectile speed, increased projectile gravity
- Triple Take changes – Rate of fire increased (1.35), choke charge time reduced (0.75)
- R99 changes – Increased blue magazine size (25), increased purple magazine size (28)
- Peacekeeper changes – Projectile growth reduced
- Battle royale map changes – Ring 1 preshrink time increased (90s)
For everything else, you can find the Apex Legends Eclipse patch notes here – that’s where all the bug fixes are listed.
Well, that’s all we know about the Apex Legends patch notes for Season 15. We’ll keep this updated with any mid-season updates and fill in any blanks when Respawn Entertainment highlights more. For now, check out our Apex Legends tier list and see where your main sits in the meta.